You Can Beat The Pain Game!
Dealing with chronic pain is a major problem across America and has been one of the driving forces behind the opiate addiction crisis today. Doctors have prescribed opioids like codeine, fentanyl, hydrocodone, meperidine, morphine, and oxycondone to help people deal with pain. For some, they become addicted to these opioids and treatment for the addiction is then required.
According to DrugAbuse.com in it’s article; Opiate Alternatives: Doctor’s Got a Brand New Bag
- In 2014, approximately 20,000 people died from prescription opioid overdose.
- An estimated 2.1 million people are addicted to prescription painkillers.
- Approximately 25.3 million Americans struggle with chronic pain.
- The 104 percent increase in painkiller prescriptions between 2000 and 2010 has not resulted in improvement in pain control or disability outcomes.
At HUGS Recovery, we treat opioid addictions without other drugs and we help to prevent opioid addictions through our Alternative and Natural Pain Management Services. We can help you to better manage pain with the following proven drug free methods;
- Physical Therapy. This requires more work from the patient (attending sessions as well as following up at home with recommended exercises) but is often essential to improving physical healing and relieving pain long-term.
- Massage, Acupuncture and Chiropractic Care. Some report these methods are just as effective, if not more effective, than medications. Plus, they are safe and free of side effects.
- Exercise. Doctors recommend exercise to all patients, but research has shown that it is especially important for those with chronic pain. Low-impact exercise helps improve mobility and functionality. Studies have shown that chronic back pain, joint pain, arthritis, and fibromyalgia can all be improved with yoga and tai chi.
- Meditation. Hospital pain clinics now prescribe mindfulness meditation to help patients cope with the suffering arising from a wide range of diseases such as cancer (and the side effects of chemotherapy), heart disease, diabetes and arthritis. It is also used for back problems, migraine, fibromyalgia, coeliac disease, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome and even multiple sclerosis.
- Registered Dietitian. An expert in prescribing therapeutic nutrition. They undertake the practical application of nutrition with both individuals and population groups to promote well – being and to prevent nutrition related problems. They are also involved in the diagnoses and dietary treatment of many diseases, such as food allergies, kidney disease, diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc.
Our Alternative Drug-Free Pain Management Clinic is coming soon and will be located in the Summit South Medical Building at 777 Cleveland Ave., Suite 316 Atlanta, GA 30315.
Call us for a initial pain assessment appointment and start the process of recovery to a happier and healthier life today. 404-228-2222 or 1-888-874-0593