Young Adults Program for Substance Use Disorders
Specialized evidence-based treatment that works. HUGS New Destiny, Young Adults Program, is specifically designed to work utilizing IOP therapy coupled with 24 hour staff monitored therapeutic community setting for young adult men between the ages 18-28 struggling with substance use disorders. The long term program starts with the first 90 days in the residential therapeutic community. Extended stay options are available. Aftercare for out of state clients report via our group cyber therapy stream. Based on clinical status, social stability and situational needs the young adult male may spend up to a combined 1 year in the program. The cost for our innovative group cyber therapy stream is included at no additional charge.
The program only accepts eight young adults at a time and includes a clean safe therapeutic environment, gourmet food, transportation to and from the clinic for therapy and weekend therapeutic day trips. In addition to behavioral therapies, the program incorporates, meditation, thi chi, yoga, massage therapy and nutritional counseling. As a bonus, HUGS Family Education Program is incorporated within the program and is included in the cost of care.
According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, research shows that an addicted person needs about 90 days in a therapeutic residential setting, this allows the brain chemistry to “reboot” and develop the tools it takes to sustain long-term success. In addition, a lasting recovery may need to involve on-going outpatient services, behavioral therapies and social support after the residential stay is complete.
Cost of detox is included, if medically required prior to admissions into the TC program (ask for details).
The primary objective of treatment is a return to “right living”. Restoring hope, healing and health to these young men and their families affected by substance use disorders while maximizing long term recovery in a safe and nurturing environment. Our aim is to produce positive outcomes in reducing substance misuse, while reducing the rate of crime, homelessness, risky sexual behaviors and broken family systems. The goal is to help our clients regain their focus, restore family ties, become more productive, healthy and happier as a result of working with us, to achieve long-term success in recovery.
Highly experienced, professional and compassionate. Our programs are managed by our Master Level Clinical Director. The treatment team also consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Master Addiction Counselors, Certified Addictions Counselors, Certified Addiction Recovery Empowerment Specialists, Peer Support Specialists, Massage Therapist, Thi Chi and Yoga Instructors and a Registered Dietitian.
Abbreviated Admission Criteria
- Must be a male ages 18 – 28 years old with a primary diagnosis of substance use disorder
- The program does not admit clients who are on suboxone or methadone maintenance
- If already detoxed, must be discharged from a detox within 72 hours prior to admissions into HUGS Recovery Centers
- The person must not have a history of sexually perpetrating or is a registered sexual offender
- Be willing and able to comply with all program rules, recommendations and requirements of the treatment program; and able to care for self
- Be willing to live in a therapeutic residential community setting with limitations placed on their personal privacy with responsibility taken for the residence
- Day’s and Hours of Admissions are M,T,W,T from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Program Fees & Scholarships
IOP w/first 90 days in our residential therapeutic community, based on proof of income:
- $35,750 for household incomes up to $72,000 per year
- $40,500 for household incomes over $72,000 per year
- Young adults with family household incomes under $50k per year may be eligible for a $2,000 scholarship.
- Proof of income is required for scholarships and fees (ask for details).
- Admission fee is $11,500. Arrangements for the balance can be worked out with finance office.
7 Reasons Why You Should Choose HUGS Recovery Centers vs. other Centers
- The average cost of treatment at other centers is around $39,300 and their programs are usually only 30 to 45 days in length of stay.
- Affordable fees and specifically designed for Young Adults.
- HUGS therapeutic community, residential programs are 90 to 120 days, plus we offer a bonus of continuous outpatient therapy and support for up to one year of combined care. Extended stay options are available for our drug-free TC’s.
- According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, research shows that an addicted person needs about 90 days in a therapeutic residential setting , this allows the brain chemistry to “reboot” and develop the tools it takes to sustain long-term success. In addition, a lasting recovery may need to involve on-going outpatient services, behavioral therapies and social support after the residential stay is complete. This is a service we provide to our clients and their families at HUGS.
- Services are evidence-based and we have been State licensed since 1999 and internationally accredited since 2004.
- Founder and CEO has over two decades in recovery and has both a personal and professional commitment to families seeking recovery.
- We have helped over 3000 families to make HUGS Recovery a great health care investment decision, and we invite you to do so for both you and your loved-ones today.
Our Atlanta facility is 5 minutes from Atlanta Hartsfield Airport and conveniently located for out of state referrals.
For Inquiries Call 888- 874- 0593
Alcoholism/Drug Rehab for Young Adults in Atlanta, Georgia
HUGS Recovery 4751 Best Road, Suite 275, College Park, GA 30337 404-228-2222
Conveniently located less than one mile from Atlanta’s Heartsfield-Jackson International Airport