- Clothing, toiletry and/or personal hygiene items (inappropriate clothing will not be allowed during your treatment experience):
- Dress for therapy should be casual and in good taste. Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, etc. (or any clothing deemed inappropriate by staff team) will not be allowed.
- Appropriate attire: jeans, casual slacks, sport shirts, skirts and dresses that are knee-length or longer, jogging suits, and appropriate-length shorts such as Bermuda/walking shorts (covering 3/4 of the thigh).
- Please do not bring form-fitting clothing, including Lycra tights or biking or running shorts. No low-cut tops, blouses with spaghetti straps, or tank tops. Bare midriffs are unacceptable. Jeans and clothing must not have suggestive tears or cutouts.
- Bathing suits for women should be appropriate. No high cut legs, thongs, or revealing tops. Bathing suits for men must be the boxer-type.
- Undergarments are required for all consumers, (i.e., bras, underwear, and athletic supporters), as indicated.
- We recommend that you bring a limited amount of clothing (limit 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on). Laundry facilities, including supplies, are the responsibility of the consumer. We suggest that wash-and-wear clothing will be more convenient. Dry cleaning services are not available.
- Flat-soled or tennis shoes are recommended. Shoes and/or slippers must be worn outside your room.
- All consumer will also be responsible for providing their own personal food items.
- Personal bedding (sheets, pillow cases, pillow, comforter, etc.) This will be provided for the consumer in need.
- Insurance card and identification (Driver’s License).
- If you smoke cigarettes, please bring your own (a carton, etc.).
- Sunglasses and hat or visor. (Sunglasses are to be worn outside only).
- Reading material is limited to recovery-related topics. All books are subject for review by the consumer’s primary therapist.
- Any electrical items, such as hair dryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked for safety.
What to Leave at Home
Upon admission, our staff will examine you and check your belongings. A search of your belongings is done to protect our consumers from drugs or contraband entering the facility. Please do not bring the following:
- Non-prescription medications (i.e., Advil, Tylenol, etc.), vitamins, herbs, or nutritional supplements.
- Excessive or expensive jewelry.
- Radios, tape recorders/CD players, tapes, TV, laptops, electronic address books, audio/video equipment, or cameras.
- Reading material not related to recovery. Novels, magazines, or publications may not be brought in. Books relevant to treatment will be assessed upon arrival.
- Glass items.
- Straight razors, razorblades, pocketknives, knitting needles, crochet hooks, or metal hairpieces.
- Products containing alcohol (i.e., mouthwash, aftershave, facial toner, perfume, perfumed lotions, etc.).
- Illegal substances or mood-altering drugs.
- Firearms and/or supplies.
- Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, or any clothing deemed inappropriate by staff. No bare midriffs, low-cut tops, form-fitting clothing (including Lycra tights or running or biking shorts). Jeans and clothing must not have suggestive tears or cutouts.
- It is recommended that you safe guard any and all personal values you choose to bring into and/or leave the client residence.
*HUGS Recovery Centers’ staff will not assume responsible for any of your valuables.
HUGS Recovery 4751 Best Road, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30337 404-228-2222