Addiction can be very challenging and confusing to a family or love-one who’s trying to help the one they love. Trying to understand the treatment process and different treatment modalities can be frustrating at times. You want to be sure that your loved-one is getting the treatment that they need not just what the insurance company will cover.
Here at HUGS, our Life-Stabilization Retreat program removes the barriers to the healing process set by the insurance companies.
In his article Drug dependence, a chronic medical illness; Implications for treatment, insurance and outcomes evaluation. Dr. McLellan explains in the Journal of American Medical Association 284(13):16889-1685 the following.
“The traditional model of treating addiction has encouraged people to assume that patients entering treatment should be able to maintain lifelong abstinence following a single period of specialized treatment. Accordingly, policy makers allocate limited public health dollars for addiction rehab; insurers restrict the number of patient days and visits covered; treatment or rehab centers make no infrastructure allowance for ongoing monitoring; and families and the public become impatient and/or totally discouraged with patient relapses”.
Treatment facilities that are dependent on insurance provider dollars for their operational needs tend to build their programs around the 3 to 30 day coverage, instead of building around what the individual needs. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, research shows that an addicted person needs about 90 days in residential rehab for the best chance of a lasting recovery. This allows time for their brain chemistry to “reboot” and develop the tools it takes to sustain long-term success. In addition, a lasting recovery may involve on-going outpatient behavioral therapy and social support after the residential stay is complete.
The time it takes to successfully break the cycle of alcohol or drug abuse and begin to heal the brain and the body is not aligned with insurance companies’ treatment model expectations. In fact, the current insurance model actually impairs a treatment facility’s ability to help addicted individuals long-term. This is just one of the reasons addicted patients are in and out of treatment so many times, over the course of their lives. They have been set up to fail by the system that is treating them based on what the insurance company will reimburse for care.
For this reason, HUGS Recovery, Life-Stabilization Retreat is a private-pay program. We have created long-term programs based on scientific evidence because – we are here to help our clients break their cycle of addiction and experience long-term recovery.
- Masters’ Level Clinicians
- Intensive Group and Individual Therapy Participation
- 30 to 90 Days of Life Stabilization Prior To Long-Term Recovery
- Monitored Drug Screens and 24 Hour Staffing
- Affordable Private Pay Fees That Are All Inclusive
- The Program Fees Are Only $8,000 Per Month (Non-Refundable)
- On-going Outpatient Behavioral Therapy and Social Support After The Residential Life-Stabilization Stay Is Complete (Additional Fees May Apply).
Abbreviated Admission Criteria
- Must be a male ages 18 years or older with a primary diagnosis of substance use disorder
- The program does not admit clients who are on methadone maintenance
- If already detoxed, must be discharged within 72 hours prior to admissions into HUGS Recovery
- The person must not have a history of sexually perpetrating or is a registered sexual offender
- Be willing and able to comply with all program rules, recommendations and requirements of the program; and able to pay for services and care for self
- Be willing to live in a therapeutic setting with limitations placed on their personal privacy with responsibility taken for the residence
HUGS Recovery, Life-Stabilization Retreat is a private-pay program. We have created long-term programs based on scientific evidence because – we are here to help our clients break their cycle of addiction and experience long-term recovery.
Please Call Us for your Free no-obligation consultation. Let’s discuss your challenges or the problems someone you love is facing. We are compassionate and respectful. You will learn about the best possible solutions, our treatment methods, and the easy steps to getting started.
Call now. We are waiting for your call. Call toll free 888-874-0593.
We are here because when people recover and discover their inner peace, they come alive!