Our Recovery Speakers Bureau was created to serve as a prevention platform, promoting drug free communities while helping to eliminate the stigma of addiction and mental illness.
The requirements to become a HUGS Recovery Speaker are:
- Become a volunteer member of HUGS Recovery Speakers Bureau
- Demonstrates multiple years of recovery and a passion to give back
- Comfortable, open, and happiness about personal recovery
- Willingness to help eliminate stigma around addiction, mental illness and recovery
- Must have a sincere drive to share messages of Hope and Healing
- Speak about personal story in order to prevent alcohol / drug use among youth and adults while providing encouragement that recovery works.
- Desire to help schools, community organizations, and youth programs to better understand addiction, mental illness, and recovery
NOTE: Background checks are required prior to assignment. Persons with sex offenses and/or violent crimes may not be eligible for placement.